Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shopping Spree at G Street Fabrics




After sewing a bag with Mom when I was home last week, I have gotten the sewing bug. And as G Street Fabrics was having a sale and I had their coupons burning a hole in my pocket, I went on a spree.

The two lavender/purple-with-green prints are quilting cotton that I plan to use for a bag like the one I made at Mom's. They are Hoffman batiks. The large print I had planned to use for a messenger bag, but it is a little lightweight, and I could not find a lining fabric that I really liked for it, so I am reconsidering that. It is a one-yarn remnant I got on the drapery fabric table. The blue print is a 1 1/2 yard remnant I got from the same table, but it is a heavier weight. The red piece next to it is quilting cotton (also Hoffman batik) that I plan to use for the lining. This'll be a messenger bag.

No comments: