Monday, June 6, 2011

Knit, Knit, Knit







Wendy Knits started a knit-along on a summer mystery shawl on May 17 and I decided to do it, as I'd never done a knit-along -- let alone a mystery one. The clues came out with plenty of time to knit them. Because it was a mystery, I usually knit the clues as soon as I could once they were posted, so I had time in between the clues. And because I had decided to buy new yarn for the mystery shawlette, I had some new yarn begging to be knit up. I'd gone to Fibre Space in Old Town Alexandria and gotten some Neighborhood Fiber Co. yarn for both the mystery KAL and some extra, because it was such beautiful yarn. So I also had time to knit a scarf and -- because I had so much sock yarn left over -- a matching tam while waiting for the last clue to be published on June 2. So, now I have the summer mystery shawlette, a scarf, and a tam.

No comments: