Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Space Shuttle Discovery



I went down to Old Town Alexandria VA this morning to see the flyby of the space shuttle Discovery on its way to Dulles airport and the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum annex. I chose this location because I knew there was lots of parking down there. Plenty of people showed up and we were treated to two passes. The first was downriver (north to south) and surprised most of us; we were expecting the shuttle to come upriver since it was coming from Florida. The second pass was upriver (south to north). We could also see the passes around the national mall area, to the north of our location, although these were much too far away for me to even attempt a photo.

Needless to say, with my little point-and-shoot camera, my photos were not very good, but I did have a good time and another uniquely Washington DC experience.

No comments: