Saturday, March 3, 2012

March Tag




Late last month, Tim Holtz announce that he was switching from the Twelve Tags of Christmas (12 tags in 12 days) to twelve tags a year, one per month. I didn't have time to do last month's tag, but here is my version of his March tag.

The mosaic technique featured in Tim's March tag was fun. When I didn't have exactly what Tim, used, I substituted what I did have. I used the flowers sizzix die from Tim's sizzix line. The concrete Antiquities embossing powder really makes a nice grout and the Glossy Accents really makes the fake paper tiles shine and elevates the whole mosaic effect. I didn't have a woodgrain rubber stamp for the background, so I used various swirl stamps that I had. I sponged bundled sage distress inks on the tag and spritzed with water to mellow them. Then I stamped the swirls with more bundled sage ink. The sentiment was stamped with walnut stain distress ink. Tim added some metal flowers to the bottom of his tag, but I didn't have any and didn't feel anything further was needed to jazz up the bottom of my tag.

All in all, I am happy with the effect and love the mosaic technique.

1 comment:

Mary Gallagher said...

It looks great, Mary. I love the sentiment.