Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival


On Saturday I went out to the Eighth Annual Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival at the county fairgrounds in Berryville, Virginia. It was a beautiful day and a lovely drive. There was lots and lots of fabulous spinning fiber and yarn at the festival, as well as lots of animals.


I really enjoyed the sheepdog demonstration. Here, Pete herds four sheep under the watchful eye of his master.


Most of the vendors were indoors, but there were quite a few outdoor vendors, too.


And there were several food vendors and a pavilion of picnic tables. I had a lamb sausage sandwich and enjoyed every bite.


In addition to the usual varieties of fiber festival animals -- alpaca and many varieties of sheep -- there was a two-humped Bactrian camel.


There was also music. What else can you ask for?

I have so much stash yarn, I decided not to add to the stash, although I was very tempted to do so by the hand-dyed and breed-specific yarns that you can't find in just any yarn store. I did buy a magazine that I had been wanting -- the Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits.

I look forward to going to this yarn festival again next year.

No comments: